Monday, July 22, 2019

Revisions and Slow


Revisions and Slow

<last week: nightmares in the Whittier Hills

I had hoped to be well underway on photographing the pictures from archive 13, but, you know- life intervenes. I had to do some revisions on the Word document, which led to revisions in the photo album, and that ate up all the Lost Canyon time this last week. We’ll continue this week  with some more paintings from “The Lost Canyon Trip”.




The Lost Canyon Project is actually three different projects going on at once. The first is photographing the pictures, and processing them into digital photo albums.  The second is creating a catalogue of the work.  It’s here that I got hung up this last week. 



I've been laying out the catalogue with three thumbnail photos plus notes per page. As it turns out, at three pictures per page the thumbnails were just too small.  So I’ve been re-formatting the pages at two pictures per page.

Problem is, I have about 320 pictures done out of 733 photographed so far. This is going to take a few sessions to finish, but it will be well worth the effort.
The third part of The Lost Canyon Project is this blog, and my efforts to promote it, and in so doing, promote Pete’s work. 
I’ve made some calls, sent some links and emails, but beyond that, who knows? I’ll be able to shift my focus better when the other tasks are completed.



There is one more box of  Lost Canyon Trip paintings yet to photograph. After that there is a bunch of large framed pieces at the storage. And after that? There will be a phase in the project that follows all the picture taking, and cataloguing but I don’t yet know what that phase will be. 



 This part of the project remains rather vague, and undefined. We shall see what follows. But for now, enjoy this week’s selection of pictures. More stuff next week.

Next: A Greater Hand>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coment moderation is on to prevent spammers. Nobody likes spammers.