Monday, March 18, 2019

Inscriptions, Revisions, Corrections



 Inscriptions, Revisions, Corrections



Before we get started, I want to make note of a couple of corrections. (I do make mistakes)

I have corrected the spelling on Jeff Goslowsky's last name (Hope I got 'em all ) 
Also I mis-quoted Dee Gayer last week when I was talking about Pete. Dee's phrase was "...odd in a good way", and I wrote "...crazy in a good way." Now corrected.
My apologies.

Pete frequently wrote notes on the back of his paintings. Several of the paintings in archive 4 have some interesting inscriptions, and we’ll take a look at a few of those. Also in the fourth archive were some large paintings, and notes from the 

Deep Dark Hole


nightmare story. I’ve added the new pictures, and revised the text a little. Now more gruesome! Check it out. I’ll talk a little more about Pete, and we’ll see some really choice examples of Pete’s work.



And back to archive 4. I've run across this several times. Paintings that were Pete's favorites are marked as both "Not for sale", OR  for sale at  what Pete figured was an exorbitant price. (First two pics from earlier posts)



Not for Sale/or $1150 /Wild cucumber vine. Whittier Hills.




Part of tank and Cloud Peak sky. Lost Canyon/$50,000 exact replica of hills./To large company $50,000 for original painting of precise area up there./ Lost Canyon




After the thunderstorm was over I saw what looked like a giant mushroom or cumulo nimbus cloud towering thousands of feet into the atmosphere. Two vapor trails give relative size and height. The vapor trails are four miles away from it. Inside of what looks stationary is a violent turbulence of hail ice and snow. What must it look like looking down from the top of this great cloud? Inside there is lightning and thunder and gusty winds. When a thunderstorm reaches its peak just before it starts to dissipate it may take on fantastic shapes. It is about fifteen miles away from this canyon. What a beautiful sight.


Here are the new Deep Dark Hole pics with inscriptions.


 This is the “Cone”, or “Horn of Death” that would hover over my bed at night when I was 4 ½ years old.  It is in a cave in my dreams yet it was in the bedroom too as dreams can be in two different places at once. It would try to grab me with its long, poisonous tongue and eat me up. I was afraid that a roll in the bed covers might be a Cone.
 



The Cone attacking the Salagite Wizzora in cave somewhere in the earth. Many chambers. Large cave underground I saw when I  was 4½ -7 years.  Didn’t understand then what it was./Was I abducted?/Pulverizes you like a wood chipper



  Was I abducted by Martians, aliens?
It killed the Salagite Wizzora salamander-like creature. Walt Disney cartoons always frightened me because it reminded me of that gruesome sight in the center of the earth. Picture of me at five years old. There was blood, blood everywhere and on me too!
  

 

Last week I was talking about Pete working with us neighborhood kids on parts of his show, and how, despite the difference in age, none of our parents had any reservations about us  hanging out with Pete. The kids listed on the credits panel were all pre-teens. By 1966 / '67 they were entering junior high. Soon enough, saving the hills would fall off their list of important things to do. They moved on, and Pete kept working on the show. He would find other friends.
That pattern would repeat itself for the rest of Pete's life, and with all Pete's friends, myself, Jeff, and Dee included. 


 That was the thing with Pete. Pete was fun to be with.  But you didn't invite Pete to ride skateboards with your pals, or go swimming at the beach.  If you went to spend some time with Pete, spending time with Pete was what you did. When you visited Pete you stepped into his world. 

The day came when we finished school, got a job, maybe started a family. Or just moved on. Pete was always part of the time before that stuff took over our lives. Pete was always there in the hills.

  I wrote last week: Pete may have been a little odd, but there was goodness, and a genuine innocence at his core. There was a great darkness there as well. You can see the roots in his horror stories. Next week.

 

Dire Wolf in Whittier Hills 
The Glu-Comis thing left huge footprints in dust on a dirt road. I could have made a perfect plaster cast of them. Huge footprints June 1952. Proof that what we heard in 1970 really was true.


Next week: The Black Bag Archive:Horror>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Coment moderation is on to prevent spammers. Nobody likes spammers.